Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

12.03.2005

Obssess in making "portable" 3D apps

I have to admit that I have a very strange obsession in making all the software I use "portable friendly". When I say portbale friendly I am talking about setting up an application so that it can be run from a removable harddisk without going throught any installation.

I have a lot of success with 2D graphic applicaiton. But when it comes to 3D graphic, I encountered failure after failure.

I tried to make the following applications portable and the attempts were all failed.

2D graphic tools:
- Macromedia Dreamweaver 8.0
- Macromedia Firework 8.0
- Macromedia Flash 8.0
- Adobe Illustrator CS 2

3D animation:
- Maya 7.0
- 3D STudio Max 8

However, Modo 1.0.3 works very well, so I guess I will start using it to do modeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home