Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

10.27.2005

Quick battery test on Look LK-A6

Here’s my test on the Look LK-A6 Battery Life test, with a new set of GP Ultra Alkaline Battery.

Test 1:
Copying two avi files from Hard disk to Kingston 2Gb Elite Pro 50x Compact Flash card
- Arrested.Development.S03E03.HDTV.XviD-LOL.avi (178,854K)
- The.Office.US.S02E03.HDTV.XviD-LOL.avi (179,228 K)
It took about 4 minutes, and the batter stays at full 3 blocks.

Then, Test 2:
Copying the whole SD card content to Hard disk.
- Total size : 953K
It took like almost no time to copy.

Finally Test 3:
Copying several NDS Roms to Kingston 2Gb Elite Pro 50x Compact Flash card
- Total size of all files: 145Mb
It took about 2 minutes

And now the first block was blinking, although it was recovered to full three blocks after the copy completed.

By the way:
- All long file name were correctly preserved.
- The Erase feature was not working as I expected, but it's probably because I didn't know the correct procedure.
- I was pretty worry about the LK-A6 not working since when I get into the hard disk, the up down was failed and I got stuck with the cursor pointing at C Drive. But now with the new battery, the navigation was working alright. So I guess the navigation was not working when the voltage was not high enough. The conclusion is that something is wrong with my rechargeable battery (or on the crappy charger.).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home