Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

10.24.2005

Great use of a dead machine

I figured out that my machine was dead this morning because the failed Power Supply.
That's it. After just 1 year and 2 months of service, that GTR 450W power supply was dead. I promise myself that I will never buy another GTR power supply again. But then, it was not that there was no sign of trouble. There were couple of times when the power supply making some strange clinging noise. And when found it dead this morning, there was a pilled off label sort of jammed on the fan. Ironically it's the label of the power supply.

Bye bye forever freaking GTR.

However, since we have a useless desktop at home (dead because it cannot boot up right), so I gutted out that machine, used the power supply on my desktop. And now that after 6 hours of usage, that machine still runs OK. So I will probably keep using this Power Supply until it dies. The only downside is that it does not have enough internal Power plug, so I probably have to buy one sometime later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home