Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

10.24.2005

How to rescure Compaq Presario 1720 US

My lousy Compaq Presario 1720 US laptop was giving me a creep when it failed top boot up after hibernation. It gave me those cryptic “beep beep beep” (no kidding, exactly three beeps) sound and there was nothing on the screen at all. I took the laptop apart one by one like removing memory, removing hard disk, battery and so on, and it still gives me beeping sound. The only difference was that the beep sound was slightly different after I took parts out.

After messing for a while, I finally figured out the solution:

If I hold the power button while also holding Del and Esc button to turn the machine on, I will get back the system bootup screen, and from then I can continue rescue me machine.

That’s it. And after then I simply let the machine boot up normal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home