Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

9.03.2004

[Tech]

There��s so much to learn everyday.

First I figured out that it��s a huge hazard to my system if my hard disk is 50C or about, and I found mine running at 63C!!!! When I touched the case, it��s like something is boiling inside! So first I move a serial ATA hard from the rack to the bottom of the system. (Previously the three hard disks were stacked one above the other). And then I opened the case to let more air to go thru the system. After opening the case for an hour, the temperature dropped to 47C, and the computer case is much friendlier to touch at.

I also set the power setting so that the hard disk will be off after an hour of inactive. That should also lower the heat.

Just when I thought all is well, I started to set up hibernation on my desktop, only to found this error message:

��The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.��

I search the web and found this advice:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?act=ST&f=70&t=24624

With links to:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=330909

I downloaded the hot fix, but it doesn��t seem to work. It was mentioned in the knowledge base article that eventually I need to install WinXP SP2 to resolve the problem. Given the huge amount of negative comment on SP2, I think I better wait for a while first.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home