Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

9.03.2004

People were sort of surprise when I tell them that I don��t watch Hong Kong Television. Beside the fact that I intrinsically hate the format, content, host, artist, writing and so on and so fore for 99% of TVB shows, I have too much video that I downloaded from the Net that I even problem keeping up. Those shows including ��the Screen Saver�� (technology information show), ��Call for Help 2.0�� (Computer problem shooting), and all the Japanese animation.

I really learned a lot form Screen Saver and Call for Help. These shows talk about information that you can use something about using your existing hardware to do more and do better stuff, or secure your system in the better. Comparatively, when media in Hong Kong covers technology, it��s more about buying, buying and buying stuffs. They are more like a shopping guide, and that sicken me. I guess that��s yet another reason why I almost never buy Hong Kong computer magazines. Having said that, there are magazines in Hong Kong that devoted to ��how-to��, but they are more of technical people. Screen Saver and Call for Help managed to keep the content informative but not way too low level in technical detail.

For instance, I watched the Aug 4 2004 episode of Screen Saver talking about the following free application, and I was amazed by how they may improve my productivity and make my wireless life more secure.

Synergy: (http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/) lets you easily share a single mouse and keyboard between multiple computers with different operating systems,

Airsnare: ( http://home.comcast.net/~jay.deboer/airsnare/) intrusion detection system to help you monitor your wireless network.

Pretty cool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home