Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

4.17.2011

Wasted 4 hours on a stupid idea

So after seeing how much time it takes to render a scene in Daz Studio 3 64bit on my office machine DELL M6500, I started to wonder: would it be nice if I can do the rendering job on my closet server machine, while I continue doing the scene on the M6500.  So I decided to install Daz Studio 3 on the closet server.

Everything went well until it started complaining that the "OpenGL version is in 1.1 which is not sufficent for Daz Studio.  Please upate to OpenGL 1.3" (or something like that).  So I spent time to install the latest driver first from Asus, then from ATI.

At the end, I found out that on the screen directly connected the server machine, Daz Studio finally started up and running, but through the remote desktop, it still didn't work.  It seems like when I use remote desktop, the graphic driver is the remote desktop client app, so that means my original idea was actually not feasible. 

So, great, wasted a whole night on something that wasn't working in the first place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home