Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

8.29.2010

How to allow my Windows Media Center 7 to delete the podcast hosting on another Windows 7 box

I finally spent sometime today to reorganize my Podcast directories so that I can watch the content from multiple places, as now all files are organized properly in proper directory structure.  I couldn't access the right files I want because I relied on iTune to organize them, and I hate how it constrained me to watch the podcast only on my MacMini.

But then I experienced a strange problem: I couldn't delete the file I watched.  After messing around with the file system on the file hosting Windows 7 machine.  I found out that I can solve the problem by:

  • Select the "podcast" directory.  right click and select property.
  • Select Security tab
  • Add "Everyone" in "Group or user names" box.
  • In Permissions for "everyone", check all the check boxes.
  • click "Apply"
Problem solved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home