Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

3.15.2010

Boxee on Windows: so much better now, but why ...

It's so irritating to see a product that is so close to be awesome, and yet still have some minor problem here and there.

I am talking about Boxee, the media center appliaction. I had it running on my media center machine and tried to see if it could surpass Windows Media Center. On certain area, it does, including:
  • The user interface seem speedier.
  • History is an awesome feature. Not only it remembers where I left off on the video, but there's a whole history list that can access so that I don't have to remember what I watched yesterday.
  • Old school .mov files that didn't work on Windows Media Center work nice on Boxee.
  • Very pretty UI.
However, I encountered the following problems:
  • Updating video file list in TV Show area takes forever.
  • There's duplication in the music list after I imported all my iTune music.
  • There seems to be problem running .mkv file.
Still, it's awesome to have competition, and multiple media center app allows me to mix and match setting to fit my need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home