Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

2.08.2010

Editing .Wtv file, try 2

So I got this PSB dance performance video recorded in my Windows Media Center DVR, and now it's time to edit it. Unfortunately, DVR Edit does not work, giving a merely 1 minute length when loading the video into the application. Then I try this DVR-w-WMV. Well the application doesn't even start in Windows 7.

So I am trying Windows Live Movie Maker. It recognized the file, and I did all the editing in it. Strange thing comes when I tries to save the result as 1080p video. It simply stay at 0% complete like forever and ever.

However, when I tried the second best quality, which is High Definition 720p, it worked, excepted that the aspect ratio was not right. So I select [View] [Aspect Ratio] and chose Wide Screen. Finally everything looked right. The 16 minutes 16 seconds video took 17 minutes to compress, and the file size is 705Mb. Not too bad.