Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

8.21.2008

Bring my damn Windows VM back to the domain!

After was fustrated after I found out that:

  • Somehow my Windows Server 2003 OS in VMWare suddenly loss Internet connection
  • Somehow my another Windows Server 2003 OS failed to login to the domain.
To solve the first problem I did the following:

  • In command line run "ipconfig /release"
  • In command line run "ipconfig /renew"
That solved my first problem.

For the second one, I:
  • release my machine from the domain by joinning a new workgroup say "WK123"
  • Try join the domain about. If failed, try ipconfig release and then renew again.
  • If still failed, try changing the machine name and then join the domain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home