Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

8.10.2008

Figure out 3D support in VMWare

It all started this morning when 3D Studio Max 9 pooped on me. Instead of reinstalling it again, I was thinking, maybe I should just install it on a VMWare VM. And so I did. It seemed to work pretty OK.

But then I surfed the Net and found out that there was indeed 3D acceleration support on Workstation 5.0. The question is : does it work with VMWare Workstation 6.0? I tried following the instructions and althought it didn't crash, it also doesn't seem to give me anymore 3D power. People also talked about how it did not provide any Areo graphic enhacement. What a bummer.

I tried running Daz Studio, Crysis and Portal on it. Man they all sucked.

And then downloaded the 6.0 manual, read Chapter 14, and found that the current Direct 3D support seem very very lame. So freaking disappointed. Oh well, I'll just give the latest VMWare Workstation 6.0.4 a try and see how goes. Sigh. Not much hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home