Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

4.28.2008

Hell task: converting a doc to pdf

My friend asked me to convert 2 Microsoft Word files to pdf. At first I thought it's a trival task. It wasn't.

First I tried using the free trial Adobe .pdf online converter. The 2 files were accept and even completed. But the result was NEVER showing up in download page. It's like the converted file went to la la land!

So I tried using desktop Adobe Acrobat 8 application. That one failed too, as Acrobat 8 complain that the file was corrupted and couldn't be converted.

So I go for my final resort:
  • Install Microsoft Office 2007 in a VM
  • Download and install Microsoft PDF export plugin
  • Load the files and save them as .pdf
That worked. Finally.


By the way, I also need to bitch about Windows Server 2008. It's just pain in the neck to deal with. For instance, I couldn't install Acrobat 8 on it because it bitch about not being able to access temp directory in order to complete install.

I also have problem running Microsoft Word 2007 on Windows Server 2008 because the system bitched that the version of Word I use couldn't be used under Terminal Client. And I was like, what the **ck is that.

I resolved my problem by giving up Windows Server 2008.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home