Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

12.02.2007

Watch DVD movie on iPod

My goal is to watch movie on my iPod Classic 80Gb. In the coming 2 week I should try and try and find the best way to do so.

In order to do that, I have to first rip to whole DVD (8.5Gb) perfectly on my computer first. I tried 2 schemes:
  • Use MagicISO to create an .iso on my computer, and then use MovieISO to convert the iso into watchable, region free DVD Video file set on my computer.
  • Directly use MovieISO to convert the movie DVD into watchable, region free DVD Video file set on my computer.
The scheme one didn't work, and I got a lot of track reading error. Scheme 2 works great. In fact it solves my upcoming problem, as I have some DVD I brought form YesAsia.com coming soon, and they are in Region 3.

To watch the DVD video, simply use Portable VLC, select open a directory, and VLC will treat that folder as a DVD disc.

My next stop will be figuring out how to convert these ripped DVD files into iPod video.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home