Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

11.26.2007

Great tool to help tagging MP3

I spent tons of time this Thanksgiving weekend to mess with my iPod Classics 80Gb and iTune. For instance, yesterday I spent countless hour to clean up ID3 Tag using a great free tool called Mp3tag . It's amazing as it allows me to do a lot of text replacement.

I also found that it much better to clean up ID3 Tag BEFORE adding files into iTune, because ID3 Tag change that made by OTHER application on the MP3 files in the iTune folder can be picked up by iTune only after I play the song song once in iTune. There may be a better way to resolve the problem. But for now I'll just do it by doing the cleaning before moving to iTune.

However, I still encounter a major problem that I need to resolve before moving on: I need to find a way to convert Simplified Chinese chracter in ID3 Tag to Traditional Chinese, or it may mess up all other songs in my iPod. In fact, I still don't know if there's a good automatic way besides manually cleaning them one by one. This is the main research task for me these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home