Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

11.21.2007

iPod Classic 80Gb: so much to love, so much to hate

This is the first day I use my new iPod Classic 80Gb. I have to say that while I don't really regard buying this product, I find that this bad boy has a lot to improve in order to become a product that I will consider perfect. I kept saying this again and again: I don't mind paying good money for a good player, as long as it does what I want. Here's a list of feature that I am still waiting for:

  • A 3.5 inch screen WITH 80Gb or more harddisk space.
  • Ability to adjust font size on the text reading (I mean HOW DIFFICULT CAN THIS BE)
  • Allow me to change video property on iTune so that I can set a bunch of video as music video, or a bunch video as TV shows.
However, as much as I hate a lot of stuff, I still enjoy using the iPod:
  • perfect form factor for a 80Gb device.
  • Very nice screen.
  • Easy to setup.
Now here's a bunch of tricks and tidbit I learned today:
  • iPod Classic text reading support unicode and UTF8 if you are deal with Chinese text. So make sure you save your text file in Unicode.
  • You can turn your movie files into TV Show by changing the File Info on iTune. But MAKE SURE that you at least enter the text box "Show" or the iPod menu will not be able to show the title. Also it's pretty suck that at least for iTune 4.5, you cannot make all these change in a batch. You have to do one file at a time.
  • Since there's no simply way to put video file into category, I simply turn most of the video file into "TV Show" (for Video Kind), and then use the "Show" name as sort of the folder name. It works pretty well to me so far.
  • An awesome feature for iPod is the bookmark feature. It enables iPod to remember the position of the file next time to listen to the file. This is awesome for audio book. The turn on the feature, select the files (yes, you can do multiple select) you want to enable the bookmark feature, right click select "Get Info", then select "yes" for Remember Position.
  • To convert video, I use WinAVI MP4 Converter. actually, it seems like most MP4 convert will work. Once converted your file into mp4, just drag and drop them in iTune and then sync it. If you want a free converter, you can try "Videora iPod Converter".
  • I was almost outrage, when I found that I can only sync with one computer with iTune. But then I found out that you can do manual sync. So it isn't too bad, but still the process seems clumsy, and I have slighly problem getting the video Podcast working the way I expected.
  • By default iPod will play one video and then stop, but then you can use those predefined Playlist to play all the files.

And then here the action item coming forward:

  • Need to find a spare charge/sync cable, cause I know I will break it sooner or later.
  • Buy some extra cotton cover for the head phone. I always lost it. In fact, I just lost one today.

5 Comments:

Blogger Griffin Cheng said...

1. Always get another cable, you can charge your iPod elsewhere, I don't really trust that battery-powered iPod charger

2. There is a nice device which allows files swapping between 2 iPods, humm, let me check...

3. I always do manual sync. I can control everything I move into my iPod

4. Another "feature" is that you can only sync your photos on one single directory only. Sucks big time.

5. And I will wait till they got something with 40GB+ on an iPod Touch, no compromise!

10:16 AM

 
Blogger Griffin Cheng said...

It is miShare:

http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/20/hands-on-with-mishare/

BTW, get yourself an IEM, no more ear bud cotton, only ear wax remains...

4:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

iPod Classic
iPod classic 160GB silver
new iPod classic

4:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

С чего начать? Помнишь, легенду о Вавилонской башне? Человек строили ее, и Небо испугался, сколько они достигнут его могущества. Тогда он сделал беспричинно, что люди стали трактовать на разных языках и перестали разобрать побратим друга. В результате башня не была достроена. Может, вы не можете построить свою семью, потому что разговариваете с мужем для разных языках? В жизни бывают случаи, если самой тонкой хитростью оказывается простота и откровенность. Попробуйте начать с этого. Это вынужден красоваться чистосердечный, безбурный разговор, без упреков и обвинений. Ты должна понять, какой хочет видеть тебя твой сожитель, и точно ты выглядишь в его глазах на данный момент. В свою очередь он принужден понять, чего не хватает тебе. [url=http://profvesti.ru/stroitelstvo.html]строительные порталы москвы[/url]

6:16 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

2015-11-2leilei
adidas shoes
michael kors handbags
adidas running shoes
ugg boots
air jordan femme
ed hardy
nike trainers
coach outlet online
kate spade outlet
christian louboutin outlet
montblanc pens
michael kors
sac longchamp
cheap oakley sunglasses
michael kors outlet online
michael kors
pandora jewelry
nike cortez shoes
gucci belt
coach outlet canada
true religion jeans
coach outlet online
canada gooses outlet
louis vuitton outlet stores
nike shoes

3:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home