Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

11.04.2007

Grabbing a comics book to read offline

I found an interesting comic called 少年公主與魔法神燈 at this site, so I try to use this page to load all pages and then use Firefox's save web site feature to save all the jpeg on that page. I thought, well, since those JPEG had been cached locally, it should take no time to save them. But turns out FireFox attempted to download all the JPEG files all over again, and since the site has leech protection feature, the file save feature failed.

Sigh, I should have installed the Save Image In Folder Firefox plug in before loading that page.

So I looked around, found the following three links that has the comics book:

I only tried the link 1. (Somehow I am glad that these sites steal stuffs from each other, so that I can use other site as "mirror".) And found that the links are very Teleport friendly. For instance, I can start with the link on the first page, start a Teleport session, limit to that directory, and set the "... Explore no more .." to 200. And it will just grab all pages for me. It need some work, though, for a few time the grabbing stopped at certain page, like p.48. I have to find the link for p.49, go to Teleport to disable the old link, paste the new p.49 link in, and start again. Eventaully I did it 4 time, and now I have all 97 pages. Not too bad. Jsut need some work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home