Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

10.30.2007

Wasted almost a day, but finally found the reason of my problem

It was a really nerve racking experience I had since sometime last week: right click on any file takes forever (like a minutes) to bring up the menu under file explorer, and then Internet Explorer always take a long while to load up the first request page. And I thought it had something to do with winrar that I tried to install last week.

I even went so far and found several site talking about the issue of bad context issue handler, and lead me to download the tool Shell Extensions Manager. And to my surprise, NOTHING WORKED!

It was until a few minutes ago that I found out the real problem: there's an entry in "Open with" that reference to a application TextPad on a network location that DOES NOT EXIST ANYMORE. So the solution of the problem is simply go to system registry, fund all the reference of textpad, and delete them all.

Once done, everything back to normal! IE started up instantly, and there's zero delay on right clicking files. Problem solved.

But ... damn it ... along the way I upgraded my IE to IE7 :-I ...... Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home