Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

9.08.2007

Resolve XP installation problem with Dimension 9200

Previously I encountered blue screen of death when I tried to install XP on my DELL Dimension 9200 (with QuadCore processor). It turns out that the problem is because of the RAID setting. So I resolve the problem by doing the following.

- During start up, press [F2] to go to setup
- On setup screen, select [Drive] [SATA Operation].
- On the screen, select [RAID Autodetect / ATA] instead of RAID on.
- Reboot.

However, notice that changing the setting of SATA Operation will cause your current OS failed to bootup. Since I want to use XP, I have to stay with the RAID autodetect setting.

Maybe I can trying and see if the Vista OS on my box can still be recovered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home