Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

5.27.2007

Media Bookmarking, what a nice thing ...

It's always great to see that software developer write software that really improves your life and cater to a better user experience in daily life situation. The following two are examples that discovered.

First it's the Windows Media Player 11. I was not a big fan of Windows Media Player for so long due to all the DRM issue associated to it. But recently I found out that it allows me to play DVD files on my harddisk as if it's an actually DVD by simply loading the VIDEO_TS.VOB file. I have all the DVD feautures available for me. Not only that, but it allows me to continue from the place I left off previous (when I close the media player window). This is a great thing, consider the pain I need to go through by skilling all the Trailers that the DVD movie manufacturer shuffled on each DVD.

Another great software is CDisplay. For me Tablet PC user, the applicaiton provides several nice feature for viewing either .cbr files or JPEG based comics files, including:

- Japanese comics mode (allow me to read a page from right to left while click the forward button)
- Support Tablet buttons
- Bookmark!

The bookmarking feature is the most fantastic one. To see how to take advantage of it, consider that you have a comics book in a directory, and your file name includes the number of page and in proper order. You can then read your comics page by page, and before you need to quit the application to do other stuff, simply bookmark the page. Next time you can continue your reading form the bookmark point. The steps go something like this:

- Open CDisplay
- right click to open the menu
- Select open files
- Select the directory of comics page files, and SELECT ALL files, then click [Open] button.
- Start reading by pressing left or right button.
- Bookmark the page before you quit.

I wish more media players or graphic views support bookmarking, as I am such a flip-flop person, always jumping form one spot to another spot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home