Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

5.24.2007

Some ThinkPad Lenovo X60 Tablet stuff

Well, I just realized that in order to shutdown my my Lenovo X60T, I need to hold the power button for about 1 second. If I just press the power button and then release, it would be like nothing was happened. I think this is a feature really by design.

There's another thing I don't quite understand: how come the Hibernation setting suddenly not available from the power management setting. In fact, the setting used to be Hibernation became BLANK this morning after a reboot after a system update last night. Well, I sort of know that "sleep" in Vista is like a better version of Hibernation, but I don't understand why the feature started disappearing all of the sudden. Well, at least I know that I can press [Fn][F12] to force hibernation.

By the way, I am testing my machine and see how much battery life I get after turning off WiFi, with brightness set to about 30 - 40%, and then simply use my machine regular like how I will use in daily life without internet access. Well, the test has to be halted because just after less than an hour of the test, I already have a need to get online again. Man, it's just hard to not staying online.

I am also trying to figure out if there's anyway to keep the screen from change the orientation by itself. I mean, the feature is good most of the time, but there are also times when I don't want the screen orientation to be change, such as when I use Sketchbook Pro, and I want to rotate the screen so that I can sketch on something at a strange angle. At situation like that, I want the screen orientation to stay steady all the time.

And then after searching and searching, I found the solution:

- Click the Tablet Tool button. It's at the bottom of the screen, with the toolbox button.
- Click the Setting button
- On the Tablet Shortcut Menu, uncheck the Enable Active Rotate checkbox.

And that's all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home