Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

5.25.2007

Obssess with getting rid of the harddisk clicking sound

It all started when I found out that there's a slightly video juggling when playing back a GotBeMobile.com podcast video. I realized that:

- The machine was running at power saving mode
- The harddisk was making some click sound, mostly because of parking harddisk head under power saving, when the slowdown happens.

I remembered that I changed something at the Power Saving setting on the Graphic chip performance setting under the Intel integrated graphic chip setting. So I set it to the original setting, which was Maximum. It didn't resolve the harddisk parking problem.

Then I uninstalled the application "Rescure and Recover" by Lenovo. It didn't resolve the problem neither.

Then I read this article , made me a bit worry, but then realized that others experienced the same as mine.

I then uninstalled Maintainace Manager. That also didn't help.

Well, I finally accepted the fact that it's just part of the life of using this laptop. If I want no click, I better keep the harddisk running.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home