Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

8.22.2006

More wireless fun

More and more wireless fun:

- Got WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK working great. The security option should set to "Automatic" and Encryption also set to "automatic". I got my 63 characters PSK Passphrase from Security Now web site and simply take 63 out of the 64 generated key. I take default value of Group Key Update Period. And the result? The office notebook saw it and connected properly (under Wireless Zero Configuration screen).

I will eventually use use 152bit WEP at home though since I need to make the WiFi working wiht my NDS. And besides, if someone really need to spoof me at home... oh well, screw that.

- Also got 152bit WEP running. However, the setting seems a bit tracky. In the WiFi settting, I need to choose Security Option as "Automatic" and WEP Key format as "Hexidicimal". And then I can put it the 32 character hex key. If I view the saved setting, I will only see the first 10 characters, althought all 32 character were being saved and working fine.


- Got Nintendo DS connected the access point with the 32 character shared key. But it has problem connecting to the Nintendo game server. I guess it's the proxy's problem. Entering that 32 character key on the NDS keypad was kind of a pain, and I wish I don't have to do it again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home