Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

6.01.2006

Speed control on Teleport

I was being bitched by the IT department that I sucked up too much bandwidth. So I need to reconfigure my download clients to obey certain speed limit. Here's what I did:

FlashGet:
I select [Tools]->[Speed Limit Mode...]->[Manual]. And then at the bottom of the window I set the speed to 55Kb/s. So far no complain since then.

Teleport:
There's no strange forward way to set speed limit, however, I use the following trick to set the speed limit:
1. Select [Project]->[Project Properties...]
2. Under the [netiquette] tab. I set Wait (5) seconds between request for (all) servers.
After then the speed seems to stay below 55Kb/s, which is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home