Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

5.26.2006

6 x 8 inch tablet does make a difference

Yesterday I finally got a chance to try out a 6 x 8 inch tablet from a non-Wacom company. And man, the difference between my 4 x 5 and that 6 x 8 was a big leap. It felt very comfy to paint on tiny area, unlike the fact that I had to move micro movement on my 4 x5 tablet in order to draw something small on the screen.

That sort of unknown brand was selling the 6 x 8 broad for HK$899, cheaper than the Wacom one. But I definitely won't it because:
- I am ultra worry about driver support.
- The pen needs it's own battery which is ultra not cool.
- No eraser button at the top

In fact, there another cheap brand called Genius selling a 6 x 8 board at even lower price: HK$399. Same problem: driver support and battery on Pen.

So I will definitely go for a Wacom Graphire (no money for the highend one) 6 x 8 inch tablet. In fact, I think I will do the trade in to get the HK$150 off since I know that once I adapted to the 6 x 8, there's no turning back to 4 x 5.

By the way, some Golden Shopping observation:
- 4Gb Kingston CF is still around HK$999. Looks like the price has been finally stabilize.
- HK$1250 for a Nintendo DS Lite iPod white color. And man I saw many, many, I mean many NDS selling these days, and a lot of them buying it with a ... err... SuperCard. Go figure :- E.
- Cheap NEC DVD Burner is selling at HK$250. If the Pinoneer DVD Bruner that I sent in for fixing wasn't coming out right, maybe I neeed to shell out HK$250 for a new one.
- I saw almost all stores selling Wacom Graphite 4 6 x 8 inch at HK$1250. Seems like this is a standard price and won't change from store to store usually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home