Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

5.30.2006

Golden (Shopping Center) report

Since I left work at 7:00pm today , which I considered early comparing with the time I took off from work normal, I went to Golden Shopping Center at Sham Siu Po. Here's some of the finding:

- Finally, Double Layer DVD+R discs are selling at various stores at the ground floor. However, they are all DVD+R disc, and no DVD+RW (Rewritable). I was told that the technology was "not ready yet".
Usually the discs were priced at HK$28 to HK$30 for brands like Maxell, TDK, Mitsubishi and such. No generic or middle to low end brands like eBlue, Sky or so sells Double Layer disc. HK$30 a DL disc .... and then HK$1.5 for 1 Single Layer disc ... Hmmm ... I wonder which one I will choose.

- DVD+RW and DVD-RW are still stuck at 4x speed. I saw one 6x speed but ... don't care.

- My DVR-111 DVD Recorder was selling at HK$330. Difference comparing with my old one DVR-110: DVD Ram support. As HK$35 per DVD Ram disc (at 3X), I say .... forget it.

- Kingston 1Gb DDR400 RAM is selling at HK$660. Simply no change at price comparing with what I saw a month ago.

- eBlue DVD+R 8x discs are selling at HK$120 a barrel of 50. There are a lot of 16x disc selling now, but usually priced at HK$3 a disc. I persoanlly think that 8x is more than enough.

- $360 is the new price of Toshiba 2Gb SD Card. Toshiba blue SD card is always the guage of the cheapest brand name SD card.

- Nintendo DS Lite is still selling like hot cake. The price slighly increased from HK$1250 to HK$1280.

That's pretty much it this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home