Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

5.30.2006

Update my Pioneer DVD Burner to DVR-111 without asking

After using the Pioneer DVD Burner DVR-110 intensively on my PC for about 4+ months, it started gradually degrade in quality, meaning that it started to stop working at higher burn rate (8x). I was thus forced to buy some max 4X DVD-RW disc. In the last few weeks it got even worse that even burning at 2x failed. So I had no choice but sending it back to the dealing and ask for repair.

Well, I got my drive back yesterday after sending it in for less than 2 weeks. In fact, I got a NEWER model back. It's a DVR-111, and the person at repair center told me that they didn't even dare to check the old drive. They simply gave me the new one.

So I tried the new drive by buring two discs. One on a 4X Sky disc burned at 4X, the other one on a 8x sky disc burned at 8X. Both worked very well. And was readable on both my home machine and my office machine.

But then if history repeats itself, then it will gradually decay within ... errr... 6 months, just in time for me to exchange to another drive before the warrenty expries.

In fact maybe tonight I will try to burn a disc at 12X on a 8X Sky disc and see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home