Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

12.26.2005

Easy to use MPEG 1 video cutting and handle huge file well

I encountered a problem about video: I need to extract some files from the MPEG 1 video recorded by my external video capture device. The problem is that the file is 4Gb huge, and VCDCutter4.x has problem recognizing it. So I need to find another tool that does the job.

Thanks to VideoHelper, I found a list of tools that may do the job, and here's my finding:

* SolveigMM_AVI_Trimmer_1_0 - REally useless. Big disappointment.
* AVCutty - Keeps yepping for money. Does not seem to work anyway.
* MPEG2Cut - Looks so damn primitive, does not satisfy my ease of use requirement.
* Cutterman - Only works for the video stream part of the MPEG file. Well, it may have it's usuage, but .... not for now .... Plus it requires dot net framework 1.1 .

I finally settled with Womble MPEG-VCR. It seems to do the job, but of course I will have to wait for a day in order to put the app to the test since I just stupid enough to have the 4Gb testing file deleted :-<

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home