Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

9.13.2005

Finding Pocket PC based music software

I was trying to find the following music realted software for my Pocket PC:
- a virtual Piano for playing tunes
- a sequencer for trying out song idea
- a note writer for learning how to write melody by notes
- a metronome

For Virtual Piano, I HAVE NOT found anyone that works with my DEll x50v well, so the serach is still going on.

For Sequencer, the best I found was one called Phoenix Studio 1.1. Not only is comparatively easy to use, but create GREAT sound. Highly recommanded! You can download the demo version here.

For Note Writer (like Finale), I found MidNote the best. My only complain is that I have to turn the Application Sound to ON at "Sounds & Notification" setting or otherwise the app will stay slience. I tend to trun that setting to OFF, so to me it's an extra step. But other than that it's all good.

Finally, for metronome, I found Beats Metronome pretty OK. It's free, and also require turning on the Application Sound to ON, but it does do the job to a point.

I may do more reserach later, but in case you are interest in finding Music realted software for Pocket PC, here's some link you can take a look:

- http://www.pxdxa.com - The best Pocket PC site.
- http://pdaonline.com.cn/SoftList.asp?CateID=12&SubCateID=72 - Music software collection for Pocket PC.
- http://www.pocketgear.com/software_browse.asp?cat=26 - List of a of music shareware for Pocket PC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home