Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

8.21.2005

More on converting Xvid video for x50v

I figured out by accident that, when using AutoGK, I cannot set the video quality too high, or otherwise the converted video will play very badly on my PocketPC (play a little, and then the video simply stop, and then continue play a little, and then stop, while the audio continue playing).

And after a lot of trial and error. I found out that for individual file, it's better to set the quality as 50%. For a 2:24 long video, the file size is 30Mb, which I would say pretty OK.

And make sure that you set all the setting (particularlly the file size and video quality) before adding to the batch. Once in the batch, the setting cannot be changed (well, at least based on my observation).

Also, despite the high quality video it cranked out, AutoAG is slow. Like, really really slow. It's OK if I leave the machine up and have it convert video for me at night, but if I am waiting for it finish, then damn it's freaky slow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home