Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

8.21.2005

DVD to Divx (for betaPlayer on PocketPC) still not perfect

I spent some time to reserach on a way to convert DVD video to Xvid or Divx so that I can watch DVD video on my Pocket PC. So far I settled with AutoGK 1.96 (Link). I used it to convert episodes of The Office (a BBC Comedy) and it worked out fine. However:

- I have to set, on Step 3, the Custom size to a lower value, say 200Mb, so that AutoGK will try to lower the filesize.
- I cannot get DVD input to work. I have to setting with File input, which convert a VOB file into xvid. This is not good when many cases one VOB file contains multiple video segment, and I only want one of the segment.

I still have hope on AutoGK, though, and maybe I'll find the soultion for the DVD input thing later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home