Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

3.13.2005

Open .iso files that failed on Alcohol 120

I was panic when I tried open an .iso of 3 learning application using Alcohol 120, and found that I couldn’t access some files in the .iso. I thought the .iso went back while I burned the DVD disc, which didn’t make sense because I always do verification on each disc after I completed a burn. If the verification said OK, and yet the file was not burned properly, that means the verification process was not accurate. It also means that tons of the discs I burned before may not gone bad without me knowing it!

But then I used winrar to unzip the .iso and I could get all the files back without a problem, only that most of the long filename files had the filename trimmed off. And thus I realized that maybe the file access problem was caused by the long filename and foldername. Well, as long as I can get my files back, I don’t care if it’s from one way or the other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home