Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

6.25.2012

Finally I installed a custom ROM

It took me so long to make up my mind to install a custom ROM on my HTC Desire.  There were a lot of reasons, like laziness and such.  But today after went to BestBuy trying out some mobile phones, I finally decided to give custom room a try.  A few reasons:

  • I found that sometime I thought I wanted something, and after I got it, I realized that it's not what I want.  Case in point: I thought I will love a 5 inch phone, like Samsung Note, but I tried it at the store and realized that I didn't like the fact that I can't do a lot of things single hand.  That 5 inch phone was just way too big for my pocket.  And the Note application?  Very sluggish.  And then I suddenly realize that everything I need for a mobile phone is already installed in my HTC Desire already.  There's no point to get a new phone.  After all, my HTC Desire is exactly the right size for me.
  • I realized once again that no matter what phone I get, it's the data plan that will ultimately make the difference.
 So I downloaded this custom ROM, and tried installing it using the Rom Manager.  But the first time failed, and I have to reboot the phone.  On the second time I did clear all the data in the BIOS, and apply the custom ROM again.  This time it worked. 

And everything went pretty ok. 

Here's the apps I reinstalled on my Andorid phone.

Google Play Marketplace

- Evernote
- Dropbox
- People Radio
- Google Voice
- You Tube
- Winamp
- Angry Birds Space
- Flickr
- GTasks
- Office Suite Pro 6


Amazon App Store

- App 2 SD Pro
- Amazon Music
- Sketchbook (Pro) Mobile

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home