Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

6.03.2012

So that is Windows 8 RC

Windows 8 RC was released a few days ago, so I downloaded it, have it installed on both my Asus Eee Slate 121 and Lenovo X60T.  Here's my observation so far:


  • Some of the problems in Developer Preview and Consumer Preview has been fixed.  For instance, SketchBook Pro Metro app now works flewlessly on my EeeSlate.
  • Windows Media Center STILL does not work on my EeeSlate (got the codec missing error).  This is so frustrating, since if this feature works, I can actually use this device daily.  Now it becomes a reminder of my frustration.  However, it worked ok on my X60T.  Odd.
  • Visual Studio 2012 Premium Edition RC was FAILED to be installed on my EeeSlate (running Win8 RC 64 bit).  However, the installation went ok when applied to a 32bit Win8 RC (my X60T).  
So I really have mixed feeling with this release.  and I seriously doubt if people will choose WindowsRT tablet instead of Andorid or iPad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home