Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

3.11.2012

Finally figured out how to get SQL Server working on Windows 8 Consumer Preview on Dell 6600


I tried and tried and eventually I found out how to make SQL Server working on Windows 8 Consumer Preview running on my office laptop DELL Precision 6600.  The solution is installing SQL Sever 2008 R2 (en_sql_server_2008_r2_enterprise_x86_x64_ia64_dvd_520517.iso  as in my MSDN ISO collection) and DO NOT install SQLSErver 2008 R2 Service Pack 1.   Once you installed sp1, you will get strange error about the master database file not formatted properly.

I hate solving problems by trial and error, but that's pretty much how I figured it out.  The important thing is that now I can continue doing my development.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home