Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

9.16.2009

VirtualBox: Pretty impressed

I was not pleased with VMWare Server's performance, and finally I decided to give VirtualBox a shot, and to my surprise, it worked way better than I expected. In fact, VirtualBox has a portable version while VMWare Server does not. Just the portable support itself wins VMWare hands down.

Another great thing about VirtualBox is the performance. I found VM running on VirtualBox performs significantly better than on VMWare (Server 1.x). I was also able to simply use a Windows 7 VM disk file on VirtualBox, saved me a lot of reinstallation time.

However, I have serious problem using the XP VMWare drive image. I found out that it's mainly the VMWare Tool that caused the problem even tried to find ways to work around it. But eventually I broke down, and instead installing a clean XP on a newly created VirtualBox VM now. It seems to be working fine so far. All the network features are working properly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home