Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

2.02.2009

Booting Lenovo X60T using SD Card

I found out the HP Flashcard format utility works very well with my SD cards and the cheap SD Card enclosure I brought, and I used it to create a bootup thumbdrive to boot my Lenovo X60T to either TrueImage and Disk Director. Here's my steps:

  • Used the utilityto format a 1Gb SD card
  • add Acronis files in it using the bootable media builder from Acronis Disk Director 10
  • put the SD card in the SD card thumb driver enclosure
  • Bootup x60T and hold F1 to get to the BIOS
  • set the bootup from USB drive as top pirority.
  • Reboot.
  • Choose either Full veresion of Disk director or True Image.
  • After done with your work, shut down, unplug the USB Thumb Drive, and start up again
  • Back to Windows 7.
However, the SD card slot build in X60T CANNOT be use as a bootup device. That's why I ahve to use the SD card thumb drive enclosure.

Other than that, this rescure appoarch works very well. Best of all, the BIOS actually remember my setting. So when there's no Thumbdrive around, it will continue boot the Windows 7.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home