Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

1.26.2009

Installing Windows XP on Eee PC

I know, I am supposed to try to experience using Linux with this new Asus Eee PC 900 I got, but after finding that the apps on Linux doesn't do what I want to do, and also finding that I don't have much patient to figure out what app does the job I want, I finally give in :-<

So I used Aronis TrueImage 10 to back up my whole disc in case I want to roll back. Next I pressed F2 to go to the BIOS and change the bootup sequence to external CDRom first, removable media (SD card) second, and internal harddisk the third. I then used an external USB drive to bootup an XP installation disc, and started installation.

I experienced a small glitch when the Asus Eee PC didn't recognize my external CDRom, but it seemed to be the problem of the external CDRom itself. All I needed to do is reboot the machine and everything goes back to normal again.

Let me just say that the internal harddisk is SLOW ... ... Like VERY SLOW .... And it took freaking forever to install Windows XP Service Pack 3. I can tell you that I will be very pissed by the machine should I not getting it free... but .... how can I complain about a free computer?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home