Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

12.30.2008

How I recovered my Lenovo X60T Tablet PC

Turned on my Tablet PC earlier today, only to find out that it didn't boot up properly. During to boot up of the Acronis OS Selector, the system stopped, emitting long long beeping sound. Something was wrong with my machine.

First I need to stop that horrible horrible consistent beeping. I did that by plugging a broken headphone head into the the headphone jet. At least the bleeding has been stopped.

Then I needed to figure out whether the problem is on the harddisk itself. It wasn't the case because I can boot into BIOS, and use the Hard disk diagnostic tool didn't give me any error. After scanning for 10%, I stopped the process.

By this time I pretty much convinced that there's nothing wrong with the harddisk and thought that it's probably the boot partition got messed up. So my next option is recover the partition.

So I tried to boot up the external USB DVD Drive with ACronis TrueImage 10 in it. It wasn't successed the first time, but after a few trial, especailly after I plugged in both the USB DVD Drive and the external USB harddisk.

So by pressing the blue ThinkAdvantage button, I got into the BIOS and changed the boot setting. I booted up the Acronis TrueImage 10 from the CDR disc, and was ready to recover the C: boot drive from a drive image. Unfortunately, I couldn't see the external HD that contain the boot image I stored in it. However, I also have a boot partition in the E Drive of the system. So I used that.

AFter the C: recovered, things got back to normal. At least I got no more crazy beeping sound. The partition, though, seems to be pretty. It's still in Windows XP SP2 . So I am now in the process of applying serice pack 3.

Still, this is way better than restoring everything from scratch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home