Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

12.16.2008

Strange USB problem seems to be resolved, but ... still strange ...

Some who fellow my blog (probably only me and myself) may have recalled that I was complained about the whole panel of USB ports at the back of my desktop PC stopped functioning. And then in the last several days things went from bad to worse. Some how some USB devices went on and off, and whenever that happened my whole machine got hanged out for about 10 seconds.

So finally I decided to take some action. I shutted down the machine, unplug all the USB devices, and then plugged both mouse and keyboard USB plug to the back panel of my desktop. I booted up the PC, and I got Keyboard failed error. I saw this problem before, and I always solved the problem by unplugging the power chord right away, and then plug it back in a few seconds later.

It worked. Not only that resolved the back panel USB port array malfunction problem, I also haven't experienced the system hanging problem. I probably need to keep observing for a while. But at least it's improving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home