Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

12.07.2008

Messy after turned my laptop into a WiFi hotspot

I was pretty happy on Friday when I successfully used by Tablet PC as a WiFi hotspot at work by following the instructions provided by CNet TV.

Trouble came when I tried to turn off the hotspot feature in order to access the Net through WiFi. Eventually I have to roll back all the setting and even delete the existing home WiFi setup. So at least now I can access the Net thru home WiFi. But I still haven't give up on using my laptop as WiFi hotspot at work. My plan is using my USB based WiFi dongle and have the hotspot setting up assoicate with it. That way it won't mess up my build in WiFi setting.

Problem is that I couldn't made it work with my home network. But then I have a feeling that it's mainly because of the strong WiFi signal of my home WiFi router.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home