Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

7.14.2008

Finally found an app that remembers audio playback position

I was very happy with KMPlayer's ability of automatically remember the position of video file playback. But in the version 2.9.3.1214 that I was using, it still doesn't support remember audio file position. So I started looking around and see if there's any mp3 playback application that remembers the position of audio files when I stopped playing the file.

At first I was pretty glad to know that the Winamp 5 plug in Time Restore & Autoplay v2.1.1 seem to be able to do the job, but after playing it a while I realized that it only remembers the last played file and its position. That doesn't work for me since I always jump between multiple audio book and podcast (yes, I have serious ADD problem).

And finally I found my solution, and not surprisingly, it's KM PLayer doing the magic again. The current stable version of KMPLayer 2.9.3.1428 supports saving audio playback position automatically. All you need to do is go to Perference, under General, check both [Remember the played position of video files] and [Remember for audio files too].