Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

12.13.2007

What? Memory error? But Mem Test 86+ said no ....

I was puzzled yesterday when my machine crashed in the middle of nowhere, giving me the following error message:



So I ran MEM Test 86+ and then went to sleep. After 6 hours of sweet sleeping I woke up, and found out that I got ZERO error complain from MEM Test 86+. And this time reboot was success, and I was in XP OS now.

I searched Google, find out that the entry in Microsoft knowledge base seems newly updated (Dec 1 2007), but still doesn't shed a light on the issue. At the same time I saw that there are a few Windows updates waiting to happen, so I thought, why not, and applied the 6 Windows updates. At the same time I upgraded the BIOS firmware from 2.5.1 to 2.5.3 since DELL site mentioned that the firmware update is considered critical.

Now I have them both updated and ... well .. we'll see if the problem still exist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home