Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

12.11.2007

Managing iTune ID3 Tags

While I was managing ID3 Tags of the songs in iTune, I realized that iTune the desktop application is case insensitive while iPod (at least my iPod Classic 80Gb) is case sensitive! I realized that when I found out that although iTune consolidate the song with artist name "beatles", "The Beatles" and "BEATLES" into "The Beatles" artist entry, my iPod gives me three different entries on the artist page. So I have to explicitly standardize the artist name to "Beatles". My iPod also tells me that there's genre rock, Rock and ROCK. Again, I have to manually check them all to "Rock".

It's not too troublesome new that I know it, but still it's kind of strange to me that the hardware development were not quite in sync with the software developer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home