Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

6.29.2007

USB Hardware vs VMWare Server 1.0.3

I just realized that the VMWare Server 1.0.3 does not have as much rich client support compare with the VMWare Workstation 6.0 that I used at home. For instance, to contact to certain specific USB device, I have to explicitly connect it from the [VM][Removable Devices][USB devices]. Not only that, but I need to figure out which description means what device.

The following is a short list of stuff that I had:
- Dura Micro USB Device - External 80Gb Harddisk
- Genesys Logic USB Device (Port 2) - Eagle Tech USB 2.0 Card Reader
- SGS Thomas Microelectronic USB DEvice - Thumbprint scanner
- Cambridge Silicon Radio USB Device (Port 1) - Abe Bluetooth Dongle

And right now I am trying to make the Abe Bluetooth Dongle working with my VMWare OS... we'll see how it went ....