Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

6.08.2007

WiFi problem and solution

I was a bit frustrated by the lack of internet connection last night. I got the pirate IP from the WiFi router but it was not connected to the Net.

I kept tried and tried renewing the IP address and still didn't get it going. I was frustrated and went to sleep after then.

And then this morning an idea stroked me: why don't I just connect directly to the broadband modem? I did and instantly got the Internet connection going. So it was the problem of the WiFi router not being connected. So I turned off the power of the WiFi router, and then turned it on again. Within a minute I got the WiFi router working too.

But then eventually I need to reset the WiFi router by direct connection (192.168.1.1), plus I need to switch to WPA since WEP is so widely being cracked now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home