Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

8.31.2006

Microsoft Vista Pre-RC1 - Not so well on VMWare Server 1.0

I tried to Install Windows Vista Pre-RC1 Build 5536 on a VMWare, and had two different but equally undesire result. I first installed it on my Home Machine's VMWare Workstation (forgot if the version is 5.0 or 5.5) and I couldn't even get the installation complete. I then tried to install it on VMWare Server 1.0 in the office. This time the installation was completed, but the network driver was not working. Thus I cannot test it's network performance. And these days if a machine cannot connect to the Net, it's like nearly useless. Nevertheless the pre-RC1 looks pretty polished and have some good potential.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home