Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

8.29.2006

Window Shopping at Golden Shopping Center

After heavy research on Fujitsu ST4110, I concluded that I am not getting that TAblet PC because:
- It uses SD Ram instead of the common SDO memory for laptop.
- The heat generated at the bottom of the laptop is a bit too much for a device that I need to carry constantly.
- A store, when asked, said they were selling it (the 40Gb model) at $69xx, while the exact same model is selling at HK$4988 at CentralField. Hmmm ... guess I just don't feel comfy on getting that can have such flucuated price.
- The viewable angel, while not bad, is not good under sunlight. That limited the usage of this Tablet PC.
- It doesn't have 32 bit color (thanks to the tiny 48Mb shared video memory)
- The Wacom tablet pen is nice though.
- I was told that the WiFi was buildin, but then it's just 802.11b instead of 11g.
- 3 hr. battery life is fine, but I rather get the 7 hr. extended battery. Too bad that the Tablet PC is too old a model and thus pretty hard to find the extended battery.
- It has 2 USB 1.1 ports. Man, 1.1 !!!!


Seen Acer's Tablet PC, selling at HK$79xx. Reasonable, but I have to pass because:
- It's too heavy
- It's Acer, and based on my experience, it sucks big time.


Price of slow SD Card continue falling. Most store sold Toshiba 2Gb SD card at HK$295, but I found one store at ground floor selling it at HK$279. The slow Kingston SD card is about the same price. Most store sold it at HK$280, and I found several stores at the ground floor selling it at HK$275.

But then I brought either of them because ... I am cheap.


Microsoft® Wireless Optical Desktop 700 was selling at HK$238. It's pretty much the same thing as the model 1000 brought, only tiny smaller.


PassMe 3 mini has been released. But the even bigger news is actually the DSLink. It may worth it if the firmware update is frequent enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home