Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

2.02.2006

DVD Recorder nightmare again

I smelled something was not right last week when I tried to use the Pioneer A10 drive to bootup the MacOSX 10.4.3 boot disc. And then the last 48 hours, I tried burned multiple DVD+R disc (Sky 8x brand, burned at 4x speed), and they all had the following situations:

- The disc itself was burned successfully and could be read on both my LiteON DVD Drive and my Office DVD Drive.
- Nero reported verification error at the end of the burning.
- The Pioneer A10 had problem reading the disk.

For this moment I sort of concluded that the read feature of the DVD Recorder was broken, while the recording feature seems to be working fine.

Somehow I keep of having DVDR Recorders that has this sort of problem. Usually the problem is not that the DVD Recorder failed to operate entirely, but instead fail to function occationally. That makes it very difficult for me to send the DVDR Recorder back to the manufacturer for repairing.

Guess I will have more development on this issue in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home