Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

1.30.2006

Japanese input in Windows XP

I was trying to figure out how I can switch to different mode while inputing Japanese on Windows XP using Microsoft Japan Input System(MS IME 2002). I figure out that, under English("A") input mode, I can:

- Use F7 to get to convert Hiragana to Katakana.

However, I am still trying to find a way to easily switch between Hiragana to alphabat. Sure I can go to "Regional and Language Options", under [Language] tab, select "Settings" and then click the [Key setting...] button to set a hot key for "Switch to English (United States) - US" and "Switch to Japanese - Japanese Input System (MS-IME2002)". But that doesn't seem to be a common convention.

And then I figure out that under the "Properties for Microsoft Natural Input 2002" dialog, and then click "Mixed Input" tab, I can set all sort of hotkey to mix English and Japanese.

All these need some time to master, but at least I found out where to start :-> .

P.S. Hey I just found out that I can switch between Kana input mode and Alphabat input by pressing Alt-~. Here's the quote from a web site:

o become an efficient typist, it is important to know the best ways to switch between different input methods. Hold down the left ALT key and hit the left Shift key to rotate among the activated input methods. On the Japanese input method, use Alt + tilde (~) to Switch between hiragana and direct input.

Great info!

Also this web site shows how to add Japanese input feature in the system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home